Avant Diagnostics, Inc.’s ("AVANT")(AVDX) data-generating technology allows patient-focused precision medicine to become a reality in cancer treatment. Both pharmaceutical companies developing drugs and oncologists find that Avant’s Theralink® assay enables clear decision making on the effectiveness of drugs for an individual patient’s cancer treatment.
Cancer Tumor Biomarker Profiling: Driving Innovation in Personalized Medicine
At Avant Diagnostics, our approach is based on more than 16 years of research and development. In our experience, we have found that genetic information alone is insufficient to make patient specific treatment recommendations. Our phospho-proteomic approach, which focuses on measuring the quantity and intensity of drug target activation in the tumor tissue following standard biopsy procedures, exploits our understanding of drug-receptor interaction that is the driver of treatment response . Our advanced technology is being developed to guide physicians toward therapies that are most likely to lead to positive responses to treatment. Our large panel of markers targeted at already approved FDA drugs, as well as certain investigational therapies, makes Theralink® an invaluable tool for oncologists and pharmaceutical clinical trials.
Enabling Early and Late Stage Drug Development for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
Avant Diagnostics’ Pharma Services Business will help drug companies accelerate their drug discovery programs and facilitate development of companion diagnostics. Avant’s data-generating technologies will also:
- Stratify subjects entering clinical trials (reduces trial costs with smaller cohorts)
- Monitor on and off target drug effects (regulatory filings)
- Quantify phosphoproteome to identify activation of resistance or compensatory pathways post-treatment
- Evaluate potential proteomic markers for combination therapies
- Repurpose existing therapies for new indications (off-patent drugs and market expansion)
- Multi-target protoemics & phosphoproteomic profiling of cell lines via reverse phase protein arrays
- Multi-target proteomic & phosphoproteomic profiling of tissues (human, animal) via reverse phase protein arrays
- PDX (patient derived xenograft) model proteomic & phosphoproteomic analysis, including laser capture micrdissection
- Laser capture microdissection for client's own process (i.e. perform LCM and send the microdissected cells back to the client for their in-house analysis)
- Laser capture microdissection and reverse phase protein microarray analysis of human/animal tissues
- Evaluate on/off target drug effects via reverse phase protein microarray
- Companion Diagnostic development
- Immunohistochemistry of FFPE tissues
- Fixative for phosphoproteomic profiling of tissue, including molecular profiling of bony tissue
- Western blot antibody validation
- Cell culture of primary and/or transformed cell
- Xenograft model proteomic & phosphoproteomic analysis, including laser capture micrdissection.
- RPPA can be used to quantify other post-translational modified (PTM) proteins, not just phosphoproteins, as long as a validated antibody is available. The PTMs include cleavage, acetylation, methylation, etc.
Science Backed by Strong Leadership
Meet the team that is the driving force behind our success.