Avant Diagnostics, Inc.’s ("AVANT" or AVDX) technology intends to realize patient-focused precision medicine in cancer treatment. Both biopharma companies developing drugs and oncologists treating patients find that Avant’s Theralink® assay has the potential to enable clear decision making for an individual patient’s cancer treatment using predictive biomarkers.
Tumor Biomarker Profiling: Driving Innovation in Personalized Medicine
At Avant Diagnostics, our approach is based on more than 16 years of research and development. Our research indicates that genomic and transcriptomic information alone provides an incomplete information resource for physicians to make patient-specific treatment decisions. Our phosphoproteomic approach is the only platform assay that measures the activation state of drug target proteins and focuses on measuring the quantity and intensity of drug target activation in the tumor tissue. Our advanced technology exploits our understanding of drug-receptor interaction that is the driver of treatment response. The Theralink® platform is being developed to provide physicians with a treatment decision support tool that could assist in the selection of therapies that result in positive responses to treatment. Our large panel of new predictive biomarkers target therapeutic molecular inhibitors including some currently FDA approved therapies and certain investigational therapies, making Theralink® an invaluable tool for oncologists and biopharma clinical trials.
Enabling Early and Late Stage Drug Development for Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
Avant Diagnostics’ biopharma services business will help drug companies accelerate their drug discovery programs and facilitate development of companion diagnostics. Avant’s technologies can be used:
- Stratify patients entering clinical trials (reduces trial costs up to 50% with smaller cohorts);
- Monitor on and off target drug effects;
- Quantify the phosphoproteome within tumors to identify activation of resistance or compensatory pathways post-treatment;
- Evaluate potential proteomic biomarkers for combination therapies; and
- Potentially repurpose existing therapies for new indications (off-patent drugs and market expansion).
Laser Capture Microdissection (LCM) Services (LCM is compatible with downstream applications such as reverse phase protein microarray technology):
- Procurement of pure cell populations (e.g. tumor cells only, stromal cells) from heterogenous tissue via laser-capture microdissection.
- LCM for client's own process (i.e. perform LCM and send the microdissected cells back to the client for their in-house analysis).
Reverse Phase Protein Micro-Array (RPPA) Services:
- Quantitative multi-target proteomic & phosphoproteomic profiling of cell lines.
- Quantitative multi-target proteomic & phosphoproteomic profiling of animal and human tissues.
- Quantitative multi-target proteomic & phosphoproteomic profiling of PDX (patient-derived xenograft) models.
- Evaluate on/off target drug effects.
- RPPA can be used to quantify other post-translational modified (PTM) proteins, not just phosphoproteins, if a validated antibody is available. The PTMs include cleavage, acetylation, methylation, etc.
- Companion Diagnostics development.
- Immunohistochemistry of FFPE and fresh-frozen tissues.
- Cell culture of primary cells and/or immortalized cell lines.
- Western blot antibody validation.
- Tissue fixation for phosphoproteomic profiling, including molecular profiling of bony tissue.
Science Backed by Strong Leadership
Meet the team that is the driving force behind our success.