Business Development Associate
Responsibilities (in conjunction with the Avant Diagnostics’ management team):
The Business Development Associate will initially manage key business relationships with high-level customer contacts in the Pharmaceutical industry for Avant Diagnostics, Inc. (the Company). The Business Development Associate will align customer and corporate strategies with integrated business plans resulting in profitable sales growth and the achievement of objectives including volume, customer profitability, and pricing. The BD Associate will develop, nurture, and make visits to key Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Cancer Centers, Hospitals, University’s, KOL’s and other individuals and entities where cancer drugs are either being researched, utilized, and/or dispensed. The ideal candidate will be passionate about growing the business and the Company’s mission and should be accustomed to being a key decision leader within the Company.
The BD Associate will initially report to the CEO. The Associate will be responsible for identifying, managing, and participating in trade shows, exhibitions and conferences that involve the Company. The individual will oversee the marketing efforts of the Company including the marketing plans (and social and web site development) for the various stages of development for the Company. The BD Associate will plan, organize, and oversee the Annual RPPA Advanced Technology Summit for the company. The BD Associate will work with the CEO to set up all necessary office systems prior to and as the company begins operations.
- Identifying new business opportunities from an untapped global territory of Pharma and Biotech companies by presenting the Theralink® data generating technology value and unique offerings to key Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Cancer Centers, Hospitals, University’s, KOL’s and other individuals and entities where cancer drugs are either being researched, utilized, and/or dispensed.
- Uncovering our pharmaceutical clients’ business information needs across a range of functions, including legally-obtained competitive intelligence, product marketing, market research and medical affairs for which our Theralink® data streams provide solutions.
- Managing the new business sales process from initial lead preparation, introductory call, and online capabilities demonstrations through to proposal and close.
- Generating a consistently strong pipeline of new opportunities to exceed achievable yet challenging quarterly sales targets and ensuring all data is captured and updated.
- Account Management of all new business closed to ensure the Company’s repeat business fees are maintained and improved upon.
- Collaborating with the client’s R&D and or sales/marketing teams to identify new sales opportunities along with timely delivery of our insights to help solve the client’s business problems.
- Providing input on new product development projects (‘voice of the customer’) and developing sales/marketing strategies and tactics to penetrate new domestic and international markets.
- Building long lasting relationships with KOL’s that lead to new opportunities.
- Securing and maintaining an ongoing relationship with all of GMU’s scientific and IP personnel relative to Theralink®. Consult the contracted scientists on an as-needed basis.
- Define sales offerings to the pharmaceutical industry based on the company’s current capabilities and recommend to management areas for possible expansion of Theralink’s® offerings.
- Establish and maintain professional business relationships with clients, industry officials, and peers.
- Generate marketing strategy for pharmas and oversee the development of marketing and promotional materials targeted to the pharma industry.
- Develop positioning, branding, and messaging for the Company.
- Manage the relationship with the client by monitoring proposal/project progression from identification to closure and beyond (project completion satisfaction).
- Manage the processing of, and responses to, any Request for Proposal or information from customers. And with the input from the CEO, lab director, and research staff, insure adequate/rapid follow-up to close the sale.
- Make a priority of developing and managing channel partners.
- Participate in selling additional business to existing customers.
- Identify current and future trends in the pharmaceutical industry and provide advice on resource allocation accordingly.
- Manage expenses according to budget.
- Oversee the implementation of and management of a software platform to manage marketing & PR activities and initiatives.
- Be instrumental in working closely with the Avant Diagnotics’ lab director, GMU scientists and pharmas to ensure that the Theralink assay is utilized as a CDx by as many pharmas and biotech companies as possible. When the company is ready, work closely with the Theralink team to win FDA clearance of the Theralink® Companion Diagnostic Assays.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent sales, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with Company policies
- Customer Focus
- Communication Skills: Excellent writing skills.
- Sense of Urgency and ability to impart urgency to push internal and external stakeholders to execute on projects.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills.
- Innovation and creativity
Please forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.