Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
The Executive Assistant/HR Associate will provide support in a one-on-one working relationship with the Chief Executive Officer. This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external customers on all matters pertaining to the company. The Executive Assistant position performs highly diverse administrative and project focused duties, which by nature of the position involves high level contacts and exposure to confidential material necessitating the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment. The candidate must have proven skills in prioritizing and multi-tasking, as well as the ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced working environment. If you are a self-motivated professional seeking a challenging and rewarding working environment, please apply.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs highly diverse and complex administrative functions to support the CEO and other administrative personnel, including but not limited to managing a calendar of appointments, domestic travel and international arrangements, preparing expense reports and composing and preparing correspondence that is often confidential.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the executive’s schedule is followed and respected. Supports CEO by prioritizing, assisting and executing action items, follow-ups and tasks with minimal supervision.
- Handles confidential information with discretion and demonstrates diplomacy and excellent judgment in dealing with sensitive situations.
- Working knowledge of contracts and contractual language.
- Anticipates key issues and implements action plans based on changing priorities and commitments.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects for the executive, some which may have organizational impact.
- Reviews, edits, types, proofs and prints contracts, reports, manuals and presentation materials as requested or needed including charts, graphs, and/or gathering data.
- Composes and edits correspondence and memos from dictation, written, and verbal direction using word processing software. Initiates communications as directed or within scope of assigned responsibility.
- Establish priorities and manages a diverse workload.
- Given the high growth of the business this person must take ownership of the office.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains procedures and systems for processing work, administrative tasks and projects, communicating schedules, keeping records, board meetings, and agendas.
- Establishes, revises, and maintains office-filing systems that require knowledge of department operations and discretion in determining the proper place for filing documents.
- Support HR operations including recruiting, orienting, and onboarding of new employees and managing HR for current employees.
- Prioritizes and completes support requests in a timely manner (i.e. issues with IT, systems, facilities, etc.).
- Assists internal and external clients with requests for products or information, generally without direction from supervisor.
- Maintains appropriate forms, documents and supplies necessary to the department.
- As needed, requisitions supplies, coordinates purchasing for printing, maintenance and other services, and creates and submits requisitions and purchase orders using proper account codes.
- Schedules, organizes, and coordinates logistics for meetings, events, training sessions, interviews, appointments, conferences, and activities as requested including preparing agendas and handouts, securing audio/visual equipment and securing any other meeting needs.
- Responds confidently, courteously, knowledgeably, and professionally to internal and external phone calls and office visits including company leadership, senior managers, teammates, and customers, exhibiting a “can do” customer service attitude.
- Professionally and confidentially handles both routine and non-routine requests for information and assistance using discretion in determining whether the situation can be handled personally or should be referred to the manager or others for dispositions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed;
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed; and
- Knows, understands, and follows teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures.
- Identifies process improvements and assists in planning, coordinating, and implementing new programs or procedures.
- Organizes and prioritizes multiple projects/tasks seamlessly with meticulous attention to detail, and with various competing demands.
- Proposes solutions and/or resolves issues/problems independently.
- Communicates in a professional manner and develops a strong rapport and working relationships with clients and staff.
- Achieves high performance goals and meets deadlines in a fast-paced, friendly, and open environment.
- Supports the sales and marketing team and laboratory team on an as-needed basis.
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong work tenure: 5+ years Executive Assistant experience supporting C-level executives.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and produce work independently while supporting the CEO and other administrative personnel in the company.
- Includes some decision making, discretion and judgment regarding routine matters.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Social Media web platforms.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently and collaboratively with internal/external customers.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to competing priorities while remaining focused.
- Expert level verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person).
- Exhibits a positive work attitude, high productivity and a collaborative approach with internal/external customers to ensure business needs/goals are accomplished.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service.
- Extensive knowledge of English, spelling, and mathematical principles.
- Requires the ability to handle constant interruptions.
- Resourcefulness and the abilities to problem solve and make decisions independently.
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position.
- Thinks proactively, with focus on both the details and the “big picture”.
- Organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
This opportunity includes:
- Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Denver, CO area (Required)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Avant Diagnostics is committed to providing a safe and secure working environment. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and detailed background verification checks. To this end, all employment offers for positions in the U.S. are conditional upon successful completion of the Avant Diagnostics’ pre-employment screening process. As of January 1, 2018 the Avant Diagnostics, Golden, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Avant Diagnostics, visit our website www.avantdiagnostics.com.
Please forward your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.